Volkswagen CrossBlue – Review
Volkswagen has definitely won the hearts of many American buyers with Passat and Golf. Now, the company is focused on how they can impress various other buyers with some of their new vehicles. Volkswagen has now come up with their mid-size SUV concept that has been available at the 2013 North American International Auto Show. The auto maker said that their new Volkswagen CrossBlue SUV concept is a vehicle that they have designed specifically for US and Canada buyers. Let’s take a quick look at the top features of the vehicle in the Volkswagen CrossBlue review below.
- On the outside, the vehicle looks big and masculine and Volkswagen is all set to compete some of the top sports utility vehicles in the American market in the future.
- The front side of the vehicle is very identical to any other sports utility vehicle in the American market but what differs here is that the hood integrates various air inlets that offers better engine performance. The strong character lines on the side also imply that the vehicle is made to endure all the tough conditions that one can think of.
- The radiator grille is simple and functional and the rear side of the vehicle is also identical to the Golf vehicle. However, the car is wider than any of the Volkswagen car available in the market.
- Volkswagen announced that the new CrossBlue will be a combination of TDI and electric motor. The vehicle will have TDI diesel engine that will produce 305 horsepower and will be coupled with six speed DSG transmission. The engine will have the ability to produce 295 lb feet of torque in TDI version. The front e-motor will produce 132 lb feet of torque while the rear e-motor will generate 199 lb feet of torque and combined together it can generate 516 lb feet of torque.
- The engine will also be combined with electric motor of 40kW in the front and 85kW electric motor in the rear. According to Volkswagen the car will offer acceleration of zero to 60 mph in 7.2 seconds with top speed of 127 mph. The car will offer fuel economy of 89mpge. The pure diesel version will offer 35 mpg combined. In the all electric mode the car can drive 14 miles without any conventional fuel required.
- Volkswagen CrossBlue will offer 12 airbags for complete safety along with wide range of safety features like stability and traction control.
- In terms of interior space, Volkswagen CrossBlue will be the best offering lot of space to six passengers or even seven passengers if possible. The rear seats are elevated for better view. There is ample of headroom and leg space for all the passengers making it the best comfortable SUV.
- It also offers 11.8 cubic feet of cargo space behind the third row, but users can fold the third row and expand the cargo space to 28.67 cubic feet. If that is still not enough the second row seats can be folded to get 70.6 cubic feet of cargo space.
- The car makes use of dark stained banana tree wood that covers the dashboard, center console, gear shift panel and lower instrument panel. The leather seats are covered in Marble Grey leather. The vehicle also provides futuristic infotainment system for the driver and passengers including 10.2 inch touch screen display.
- Volkswagen has not provided the price for Volkswagen CrossBlue yet.