Porsche Cayman S: The Sports Experience
After 911 and Boxter, Cayman is another runner from Porsche. If Cayman’s 265-horsepower is too mild for you, get your hands on the Cayman S with 320-horespower. This update occurred in 2009 taking the ordinary predecessor high to the new Cayman S thanks to a revised 2.9-liter powerplant.
- Engine layout: mid-engine
- Cylinders: 6
- Displacement: 3.4 l
- Horsepower 320 hp
- @ rpm: 7200 rpm
- Torque: 273 lb.-ft
- Compression ratio: 12.5 : 1
- Technology: aluminum block and cylinder heads, Water-cooling, 4 valves per cylinder, VarioCam Plus variable valve timing and lift, Hydraulic valve adjustment, Integrated dry-sump lubrication, Electronic engine management (SDI 3.1), Direct Fuel Injection (DFI), Static high-voltage distribution with individual coils, Variable resonance intake manifold, 6-speed manual gearbox with dual-mass flywheel
- Manual Gearbox: 6-speed
- Chassis: 8J x 18 Cayman S II alloy wheels with 235/40 ZR 18 tires at front, 9J x 18 Cayman S II alloy wheels with 265/40 ZR 18 tires at rear, Anti-theft wheel protection, Tire sealing compound and electric air compressor, Power-assisted steering with variable steering ratio, McPherson-strut suspension with anti-roll bars front and rear, Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM), Tire pressure monitoring system (TPM), Porsche Stability Management (PSM) with ABS, ASR, ABD and MSR
- Braking system: 4-piston monobloc aluminum fixed caliper brakes front and rear, discs internally vented and cross-drilled, disc diameter (front/rear): 318 mm/299 mm, thicker at rear; Pad-wear sensors on each pad; Porsche Ceramic Composite Brake (PCCB)
- Passive safety: Deformable front and rear aprons with integral alloy bumpers mounted on impact absorbers, Three-point inertia-reel seat belts with seat-mounted buckles, Seat-belt pre-tensioners and force limiters, Passive restraint system, 2 full-size airbags for driver and passenger, Preparation for ISOFIX child-seat mounting with switch-operated passenger airbag deactivation, Engine immobilizer with in-key transponder, central locking and remote control, Porsche Side Impact Protection (POSIP), Alarm system, Interior surveillance
- Body: 172.3” x 70.9” x 51.4”
- Fully automatic climate control
The car has gotten a sporty look with convex and concave curves. Enlarged air intakes at the front let us anticipate high performance. It is equipped with halogen headlights, LED position lights and front fog lights that have been integrated into the outer air intakes.
Bi-Xenon headlights with dynamic cornering lights, including LED daytime running lights can be attained by requesting especially. It is fitted with 18-inch wheels and a 19-inch option is there.
Cayman possesses a new mid-mounted engine with a 3.4-litre capacity and direct fuel injection (DFI). Power output of the engine is 235 kW (320 hp) at 7,200 rpm and 370 Nm is maximum torque that can be achieved at 4,750 rpm. Fuel consumption can be reduced by up to 15% and CO2 emissions by up to 16%.
Target of 62 mph (100 km/h) can be achieved by this sporty runner in just 5.2 seconds. Optimized brake system with four-piston aluminum monobloc fixed calipers take good care of taming the awesome speed. The alloy engine not only reduces fuel consumption, but is also lightweight. Comfort, performance, safety and eco-friendliness all combine to give birth to Porsche Cayman S.