Honda Ruckus 2009: A Review
Honda Ruckus 2009
Despite of the comfort (and the security factor) that a car provides one, thrill that motorbike ride gives you is out of the world. There are many manufacturers out there that are trying hard to lag others far behind in the race of motorbike making. Honda is a respectable name that has been into motorbike making business for long. Honda’s bikes are absolutely beautiful, great-looking and awesome-performers. Today, I will discuss a motorbike manufactured by Honda which is very much liked for the ease of use and nice performance level. It is called Honda Zoomer a.k.a. Honda Ruckus.
Let us have a look at its specs at first.
- Manufacturer: Honda
- Model: Zoomer (NPS50)
- Also called: Ruckus
- Production: 2002
- Class: Scooter
- Engine: 49 cc liquid cooled single cylinder four stroke
- Valve configuration: SOHC
- Bore and stroke: 38 x 44 mm
- Carburetion: PGM-FI electronic fuel injection
- Compression ratio: 12:1
- Starter: Electric and back up Kick start
- Ignition: Digital transistorised with electronic advance
- Fuel requirements: Regular
- Gearbox: automatic
- Final drive: V-Matic belt drive
- Fuel type: Gas
- Transmission type: continuously variable (CVT)
- Primary drive (rear wheel): Belt
- Top speed: 70 km per hour, 43 miles per hour
- Power: 1.49 KW (2.00 hp) @ 8000 rpm
- Torue: 4.5 NM (3.3 lb ft) @ 7200 rpm
- Transmission: Automatic
- Suspension: Front – telescopic forks, Rear – telescopic damper and spring
- Front brake type: Drum
- Rear brake type: Drum
- Brakes front: 95mm leading/trailing drum
- Brakes rear: 95mm leading/trailing drum
- Tires: Front – 120/90 R10, Rear – 130/90 R10
- Lengthy x width x height: 1,860 x 735 x 1,025mm
- Wheelbase: 1265 mm (49.8 inches)
- Weight: 82 kg (180 lb) dry
- Wheel front: Pressed Steel 10 x MT3.00
- Wheels rear: Pressed Steel 10 x MT3.00
- Fuel capacity: 5 litres (1.1 imp gal. 1.3 US gal)
- Warranty: 12 months
- Dealers: Honda dealers
- Seat height: 740 mm (29.1 in)
- Ground clearance: 145 mm
- Colors: Matte Grey Metallic or Red
Honda made Zoomer for everyday users. It is such a scooter that is used everyday when you go to the office or school, but the style that is shown from its form and appearance is unmatched. The stylish looks don’t make it look like an ordinary every-day-use scooter. When you are going on your way riding your Ruckus, everyone else will admire the scene.
It is a low impact scooter for economical users. Despite of its great looks, the bike is very nicely priced as compared to the rival scooters. Its highly advanced new engine is a great performer. The Ruckus is environment friendly and the engine has good environmental compatibility.
The new innovative PGM-FI system is the smallest from Honda, yet one of the most advanced systems for this displacement class. It offers great features like responsive performance, lowest ever emissions and great fuel economy.
Easy start is due to advanced fuel injection and completely electronic ignition system which is maintenance free. No mechanical seals are required as the water pump is magnetically driven, lightweight and maintenance free. Inside the slim fuel tank is highly compact electromagnetic fuel pump. For high level of cooling in all directions, a compact radiator is located on the engine and has aluminum fins.
Startup of this motor bike is a great factor. It is easy, quiet, reliable and quick. The ECU (Electronic Control Unit) offers control over ignition timing, fuel injection, electromagnetic fuel pump, ACG starter and alternator regulator. The exhaust system, on the other hand, is extremely quiet. No maintenance is required for automatic camchain tensioner. The Honda V-Matic belt drive transmission offers vigorous acceleration and yes, requires no maintenance.
Other features include a large floorboard which offers comfort as well as room to move feet easily. There is helmet holder under the seat which locks the helmet for safety. The centre stand is easy to use, and the battery is maintenance free.
Product’s Unique Selling Points:
- Great looks
- Nicely priced
- Many parts are maintenance free
- Quick and quiet start up
- Electronic ignition system
- Limited color choice