2013 Acura ILX Hybrid- A Review
The 2013 Acura ILX Hybrid is the new vehicle that is manufactured at Honda’s newest assembly plant in Greensburg, Indiana. The exterior is stylish and the interior is beautiful. The safety features are at its best. The engine is robust and is capable of giving an outstanding performance. Let’s have a look at some of its remarkable features.
It exhibits a stunning exterior with slim and sporty chassis. The broad stance, long front and short rear make it look more classy. The front fascia, front bumpers, A-grilled pillars makes it look brawny and bold. The unique 16×6.5-inch aluminum wheels are integrated beautifully into the sides of the body. A bright colored strake in the front and rear deck lid spoiler makes it distinguished from others. Projector beam headlights, the high-intensity discharge low beam headlights and fog lights let you drive ILX even in less visibility. It comes in seven exterior colors. They include White Orchid Pearl, Alabaster Silver, Polished Metal Metallic, Crystal Black Pearl, Crimson Garnet, Umber Brownstone and new Fathom Blue Pearl.
The interior is comfortable and luxurious,. It is equipped with a lot of comfort and convenience features. They include 5-passenger seating, leather-wrapped steering wheel with fingertip controls, dual-zone automatic climate control, 8-way power adjustable driver seat and 2-way heated passenger seats. There is a roomy 89.3 cubic feet of passenger cabin volume and the trunk cargo volume is10. 0 cubic feet. It however, has a fixed rear seat that cannot be folded down. The dual-zone automatic climate control keeps the temperature inside the car well maintained and regulated.
The 1.5-liter i-VTEC, SOHC, inline 4-cylinder engine is robust and can deliver amazing output power. The integrated electric motor and a Continuously Variable Transmission CVT gives the vehicle more boost. The gasoline engine and electric motor together combine to produce 111 horsepower. An estimated EPA rating of 39mpg is achieved in the city and 38 mpg on highway.
The Variable Cylinder Management and “Intelligent” Sequential Ignition with two spark plugs per cylinder gives efficient fuel economy . The ECON mode also helps in improving the fuel efficiency. The front wheel drive gives you more control over the car.
The safety of the passengers is Acura’s priority and the new 2013 ILX hybrid offer some high-tech safety features. They include
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering body structure
- Dual-stage, multiple-threshold front airbags
- Side curtain airbags
- Front side airbags with a passenger-side Occupant Position Detection System
- Front seat belts with pre-tensioners and load limiters
- Vehicle Stability Assist with a new Motion Adaptive Electric Power Steering
- Electronic traction control
- A 4-channel Anti-lock Braking System
- Electronic Brake force Distribution with Brake Assist.
- Multi-view rearview camera
The ILX hybrid is equipped with the innovative technology features. They include
- Keyless Access System
- Bluetooth HandsFreeLink
- 5-inch color display
- CD player and an AM/FM tuner
- 6-speaker, 160-watt audio system
- USB port connectivity
- Pandora internet radio interface
- New SMS text messaging feature
- Active Noise Control
- Acura/ELS Surround Premium Audio System with 10 speakers
- Note function for XM Radio
- Dolby Pro Logic II signal processing
- 5.1-channel surround sound from DVD Audio
- 15-gigabytes hard disk drive
- Acura Navigation System with Voice Recognition
- AcuraLink Real-Time Traffic with Traffic Rerouting
- AcuraLink Real-Time Weather
- AcuraLink Satellite Communication System
Pricing and availability
It will be available at a starting price of $25,900.
So, get ready to drive the new 2013 Acura ILX Hybrid and experience the fun of cruising with speed.