2012 Honda Odyssey-A Review
Are you looking for luxury minivan which fits best for your family? 2012 Honda Odyssey is here for you because it is quite family-friendly and meant for 8 passengers. This comfortable and stylish minivan consists of high-tech safety features and offers you good rating of fuel economy in today’s world of soaring oil prices. 2012 Honda Odyssey presents enough space and offers comfortable driving experience especially to those people who always look for best family vehicle.
Available Models of 2012 Honda Odyssey
5 models of 2012 Honda Odyssey include;
- Touring Elite
Exterior of 2012 Honda Odyssey
- In order to give unique and vibrant looks to 2012 Odyssey, Honda has used tapered cabin and lightning bolt which is its signature feature. A part from this, the passengers of third row can enjoy view through large window.
- Power moon roof, power tailgate and power sliding doors are significant features of Touring, Touring Elite and EX-L.
- Intermittent Rear widow washer, heat rejecting glass, rear privacy glass, rear roofline spoiler with incorporated brake light are important features of all the five models of 2012 Honda Odyssey.
Interior of 2012 Honda Odyssey
Interior of 2012 Honda Odyssey offers various modes to adjust child seat, passenger seat and cargo space. Additionally there are many latest technological entertainment features in 2012 Odyssey which will never let to feel bore and its interior provides enough leg room to three passengers to feel comfortable even on long drives
Standard interior features of 2012 Honda Odyssey are:
- Air conditioner with front and rear control (manual)
- Driver Seat (power) 10 way adjustable, second row can be adjusted in 3 ways.
- Power windows
- Tilt and telescopic steering column
- Maintenance minder system
Safety Features of 2012 Honda Odyssey
Safety features in 2012 Honda Odyssey which made it to won the most prominent safety awards are:
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering body structure
- Vehicle Stability Assist
- Anti-lock brakes with Electronic brake distribution and brake assist
- Side curtain air bags (three rows)
- Air bags for driver and front passenger
- Occupant Position Detection System
- Multi-threshold front air bags (dual-stage)
Safety Awards won by 2012 Odyssey
- IIHS named Odyssey as “Top Safety Pick” which is the highest safety rating of IIHS.
- Odyssey also achieved “Overall Vehicle Score” of 5 stars of NHTSA.
Salient Technological Features in 2012 Odyssey Touring Elite
2012 Honda Odyssey features many state-of-the-art technological features which include;
- Factory integrated Rear Entertainment System
- High-Definition Multimedia Interface
- Blind-Spot Information System which alerts the driver in varying conditions
- Honda Satellite linked Navigation System
Powertrain of 2012 Honda Odyssey
- 2012 Honda Odyssey is equipped with 3.5L, 24 valve, SOHC i-VTEC V6 engine with VCM (Variable Cylinder Management) to present a smooth blend of fuel economy, performance and environment friendly vehicle.
- The engine provides Horsepower of 248hp and torque of 250 lb-ft.
- LX, EX and EX-L Odyssey models of 2012 are available with standard 5-speed automatic transmission
- 2012 Odyssey Touring model consists of 6-speed automatic transmission for improved driving elegance.
Fuel Economy Value of 2012 Odyssey Models
- EPA values of 2012 Odyssey LX, EX, EX-L are 18 in the city, 27 on the highway and 21 combined.
- EPA value of 2012 Odyssey Touring and Touring Elite models are 19 in the city 28 on the highway and 22 combined.
MSRP of 2012 Odyssey Models
- LX US $28,225
- EX $31,475
- EX-L $34,875
- Touring $41,180
- Touring Elite $43,675