Preparing Your Car for Long Term Storage
Long Term Car Storage
You are leaving the town for an extended period of time and you are worrying for your pets and other things which you can’t take away with you, one thing which is the even important along with the other things is your car which can get spoiled by remaining unused for that period of time and when you’ll come back a dead rusted car will welcome you back in your home. So before leaving take some time now to prepare your car for that long term storage so that after you trip you get the same car that you love because of its working and performance. In this article some useful tips have been provided to prepare your car for the long term storage and if you love you car then you must have to follow these activities.
First of all find a save and sound location where you’ll store you car when you’ll leave, one of the main quality of that location should be that it is dry, clean and secure. A dusty ban will be the worst place to keep your car and if you want to get rid of your car then place it there and surely no one wants this so look for the place having above mentioned qualities.
- Secondly you have to set up your car in such a manner that the tires get elevated off the ground as the unused vehicle have to sit for longer on the ground and by the time the tires loses the air pressure and eventually becomes flat. You can easily follow this step with the help of vehicle’s jack and the four jack stand and if you don’t know the correct procedure than you can go for the retailer’s instructions regarding that.
- Don’t let the battery stay in contact with the engine if you are leaving for quite a long period of time; if your battery has the water levels that you can even check then check the levels and leave the levels at their standard status.
- Make it sure that the fuel tank of the car is completely empty because if fuel stays for longer period of time in the tank then any moisturizer in the fuel or tank may lead to the rusting of tank so it would be an intelligent move to make the tank empty and then leave your car stays for longer time in your garage.
- Don’t forget the interiors of your car which make you love your car and leaving them unattended will not be fair so use a leather or vinyl conditioner to prevent the inner surfaces from cracking and drying.
- Now completely clean the exteriors of the car, thorough washing is also a good option and after that apply the coat of wax and buff it out.
- After all this cover the car with some quality car cover that completely covers the external surfaces of your car and after all this you can say good bye to your car with this hope that you’ll find the same quality and look of your car when you’ll be back from your journey.
These were some of the tips that can help you in leaving your car for a longer period of time and at your return finding the same car which you have kept at that area. Your car is no doubt one of the very expensive assets that you have and leaving it unattended for longer period of time without even following some precautions will give you a horrible result when you’ll come back to your town after spending many days out of town.