2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible – Review
Convertibles are not among the most demanded categories in the automobile industry but it still manages to attract millions of buyers around the world that would like to enjoy wind in the hair experience. While majority of the car buyers are interested in vehicles that offer better protections and superior performance convertible buyers are more concerned about the overall looks and the fuel economy that the car can deliver. The all new 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible is designed for better car experience that consumers would like to have with all the money that they pay.
Let’s take a quick look at the top features of the vehicle in the 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible review below.
- There is no doubt that 2013 Chevrolet Camaro is one of the most iconic muscle cars in the American market but the company has used the old car design for the new 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible to make it look better than the other convertibles in the market.
- The overall design of the vehicle is very sharp and it offers lot of distinctive features that make Camaro stand apart from the rest of the convertibles. The sporty and aggressive look of the muscle car is very clear from the front fascia of the car. The car also gets vented hoods with black details. The headlamps get the distinct halo glow which steals the show. The rear side of the vehicle is very jazzy as well with different tail light design and dual exhaust.
- The exterior styling also includes 20 inch wheels Goodyear Eagle F1 tires and carbon fiber air extractor for the hood.
- Under the hood, 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible gets the supercharged 6.2 liter V8 that has the capability to produce 580 horsepower and 556 lb feet of torque. The engine is mated with six speed manual transmission which is standard but car buyers can also get the optional six speed automatic transmission. In terms of performance the car is very much identical to the 2012 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible.
- The ZL1 is one of the fastest convertibles in the market clocking zero to 60 mph in 4.4 seconds which is pretty impressive. The fuel economy performance of the car is good with 14 mpg in the city, 19 mpg on the highway and 16 mpg combined with the manual transmission, while the automatic transmission delivers a bit low fuel economy with 12 mpg in the city and 18 mpg on the highway.
- 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible comes with standard antilock disc brakes, traction control, stability control, front seat side airbags, and full length side curtain airbags. The car also offers OnStar telematics system that also offers automatic crash notification, on demand roadside assistance and remote door unlocking.
- The car has already received five star ratings for frontal, side impact and overall crash test protection.
- While earlier convertibles were never jazzy, Chevrolet has decided to break the rules here and the interior of the car is very sporty and luxurious. The overall style factor of the interior is very retro but it looks good with the exteriors of the car.
- The new Camaro gets the MyLink display interface which offers lot of options and information to the driver. There are various devices in the car that work well with smartphone radio apps to make it convenient for the driver and passenger. Although, the seats are smaller they are really comfortable and cushioning for long drives.
- However, 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible is not that great in terms of cargo space with only 11.3 cubic feet of cargo space which is the smallest trunk of all the convertibles.
- 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible is available in the market for $59,545.