2012 Volkswagen Passat- A Review
The new Volkswagen Passat is the extraordinary masterpiece of German Engineering and is the novel luxury car of 2012. It was displayed at North American International Auto Show this year. It will be manufactured in America at VW’s new Chattanooga assembly plant and will arrive in 2012. Volkswagen Passat is a large family car first built in 1973. However the new Passat is the stylish, chic and classy version of old Passat with the most remarkable add-ons and improvements.
It will be available in three different models
- Passat 2.5L -$19,995
- Passat TDI Clean Diesel- $25,995
- Passat V6 -$28,995
2012 Passat is expected to give you a breathtaking driving experience. It is more spacious, comfortable and airy. The smooth steering wheel with the expected 12.3 inch disc brakes on all four corners, makes it an amazing car. Steering wheel features two different systems for the three models
- Passat 2.5L has hydraulic steering assist
- TDI and V6 models have electronic steering.
Passat’s engine will come with three engine options and four transmission choices.
- Passat 2.5 L will feature a five cylinder engine that makes an output of 170 horsepower and 177 lb-ft. of torque combined to a 6-speed automatic or manual transmission.
- Passat V6 engine with 3.6 L of capacity will have VW’s popular DSG transmission; a two-clutch transmission that reduces the lag between shifts thus making driving more efficient
- Passatt TDI Clean Diesel’s 2.0 liters of engine will be mated to either manual or DSG transmission.
Passengers Safety and Protection
Volkswagen cares for customer safety and has introduced a number of features for its clients. Safety features included will be
VW’s Intelligent Crash Response System (ICRS), which in the case of a collision unlocks the doors, shuts off the fuel pump and turns on the hazard lights
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Modern steering column to prevent a frontal collision
- Font and side curtain airbags
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) and Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
Innovative and Smart Technology
Passat would have been incomplete without the new technology features. These features make Passat the car of new era.
A wide variety of entertainment systems will be available on new Volkswagen Passat three trim levels.
- The Standard Passat S will offer RCD 310; a two color display unit with AM/FM radio and CD player
- The Passat SE will have two options to choose from
- One is RCD 510; a full color touch screen display, six disc CD changer, SD card reader, and an MP3 player
- The second is RNS 315, which adds a navigation system; a 5” color display and touch screen and Media Device Interface (MDI) for MP3 players
- And Passat SEL will offer RNS 510 and its navigation system with a 6.5” color display, touch screen, 30 GB hard drive and simultaneous route guidance
- Sirius Satellite Radio
- Fender Premium Audio System with nine speakers
- Bluetooth technology
- Keyless entry and push button Start
- Remote Start
New Passat’s interior is not only roomy and luxurious with armrests, glove box, cup holders and extra rear leg room but also terrific and eye catching with different colors of Titan Black, Moonrock Gray and Cornsilk Beige.
Carefree Maintenance and Warranty
New Passat offers no charge Carefree Maintainance for three years or 36,000 miles and
- Warranty against corrosion perforation for 12-years/unlimited mileage
- Powertrain limited warranty for 5-year/60,000-mile
- New Vehicle Limited Warranty 3-year/36,000-mile
Want to have a Passat’s incredible experience? Be ready to test your nerves in a test drive on July 7 in most cities of United States as it is Worth the WAIT.